Band Parents

Band Parents

Friday, December 07, 2007

Riding the bus

My SW Ohio town has a bus system. There are two park and ride area within a couple of mile to my house. As an employee of the big University in town, I get to ride free. What a deal. I rode the bus this morning since we took my car in to be checked out. I enjoyed the experience. I wish I could do it more often. Especially since I have to pay $80 a month for a parking pass.

But alas, it is not to be yet. I have to transfer buses. I have go ride downtown and then board another bus to get to the University. The entire ride in takes about an hour. The ride home takes about an hour and a half. I jsut cannot afford that much time. There are weeks where I struggle to have my face showing at the office for 40 hours. I already eat my lunch at my desk and only take 30 minutes for lunch. I cannot leave the hosue until the boys get on the school bus. Then I feel like I am rushing home to feed the family dinner and get to our evening activities.

To save money, you need more time. To get more time, you need to spend money. Bummer!

No comments: