Band Parents

Band Parents

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Ice Ice Baby

First there were about 4 inches of snow, then about 10:00 am came freezing rain and sleet. It's supposed to switch back over to snow later tonight. parts North of us are experiencing blizzard conditions. We all stayed home today. Hubby and I both did some work from home. I don't know that I will make the 50 mile trek to work tomorrow.

I have time to cook. But what? I had a mild panic. I have chicken. But Hubby and the 7 YO had chicken for lunch. So we are having hamburgers. But I took a quick inventory of my cupboards and freezer. We will not starve. (And there is a super mega mart within walking distance).

I have: Large can of chicken, 3 cans of black beans, a can of baked beans, 2 cans of tuna, a can of salmon, a can of corned beef, Several jars of Peanut Butter (a 3-fer sale), dry whole milk, about a gallon and a half of fresh milk, Ground beef, ground chuck, frozen meatballs, frozen crab cakes, hamburger patties, cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, american, provalone, a dozen eggs, a bag of chicken breasts, spagehtti noodles, egg noodles, cottage cheese, frozen veggies, canned fruit, bread, canned veggies, a ferw canned soups.

"Relax Mom," I'm telling myself. "Nobody is going to starve. So what if there are no macaroni noodles to make mac and cheese to go with the burgers. Make a pan of brownies and everyone will be happy."

No comments: