Band Parents

Band Parents

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Public Transportation

Gas prices are outrageous. I don't want to pay them, so I have been taking the bus. So have a lot of the people in my area. Some days there are people standing the 30 minutes from the park and ride to dowtown.

I have to catch another bus downtown to go uptown to the University. Luckily there is an assortment of busses I can take. the one I usually catch is interesting. Full of interesting people. Fortunately, at 7:15 am, most are hard-working people going to or coming from work. Sometimes I feel like an imposter. But then again why should'nt I conserve my money to.

I have figured out that it takes me 2.2 gallons of gas to make the round trip to and from work. When gas is $3.95 a gallon, that is over $8 a day that I am saving. Oh yeah, bus fare costs me nothing with my University ID due to a deal between the University and the bus company.

I do hope I can continue to leave my car sit for at least 2 days a week once my boys start back to school. I think we will also not push the boys to sign up for wrestling this year unless they ask. The 13 miles to practice 4 days a week will really cost us in gas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't the price of fuel crazy. I have been doing a lot more walking lately. Good for the environment and good for me.

God bless.