Thursday, June 19, 2014
It has been a good week with my new job, other than the fact that this post is from my phone.
* started this new job. So far I am enjoying it. I have made an effort to introduce myself to others in the office. Most of the people I will be working with are in other locations. I tested this morning and I am able to access corporate systems remotely, meaning I can run Friday's migration job from home.
* My eldest son is getting married in August. It will be a small wedding, so our guest list was limited. My son was disappointed he could not invite extended family members such as my cousins and their families, so we are throwing a party a week later. I got invitation out this week and have table decorations planned out. Now it is a matter of stopping by Hobby Lobby frequently to get a pkg of battery-operated tea lights with my 40% off coupon.
*We've cooked dinner at home every night this week. The streak will be broken tonight as Hubby has golf league and the 14yo has both a bass guitar lesson and the band practice tonight.
linking up with Catholic Momwww.Catholicmom.com
Thursday, June 12, 2014
My parents went home Monday after staying here for 10 day. They are great to have around, Mom will cook dinner for me. (I try to have it planned), but I feel bad about sitting around on my laptop in the evenings. And then, even though school is out, The High School band is practicing 2 nights a week, toos in a meeting for Freshman, Hubby is the booster org president, I volunteered to assist with fitting marching uniforms and seem to have taken over as secretary... Evening last week were busy.
At work I am transitioning my responsibilities as tomorrow will be my last day at this position. i will be moving to another contract position that is closer to home and requesting a prayer or two that it leads to a permanent position, or at least longer than 3 months...
So my successes are revolving around taking care of me. This Mom who works outside the home has a ahrd time with that.
1. Made an appointment to redeem the gift certificate Hubby gave me for Mother's day for a Massage. That is tomorrow night.
2. I went and had a pedicure last night. My toes nails were getting long and I tend to tear rather than cut. And when I cut, they are not straight.
3. I am recognizing when I am stress-eating. I may not be stopping it as much as I should, but I am recognizing it when I am in the middle of it.
Linking up with Catholic Mom.