Thursday, July 10, 2014
1. We snuck away for a long weekend to the other side of the state for hiking in Hocking Hills. A Co-worker of Hubby's rented his place to us for cheaper than one night at a local hotel. It was quiet and peaceful and us city folks had a relaxing time.
2. We spent the money and went ziplining. We had a great time. The heights made me nervous, but as long as I was hanging on to "something".
Linking up with Catholic Mom
Thursday, July 03, 2014
Happy Thursday/Fake Friday,
It has been a busy few weeks. I started a new contract job. I feel so blessed. The old job was 25 Miles North of home and the department is in massive cost-cutting mode. I was not sure my contract was extended. It was a not-quite the last minute, but a new opportunity located 6 mile from home appeared. This is significant because in August when my 14YO starts high school, we will need to get him to and from school. This job is between home and school.
Also this week, the same 14YO is attending conditioning and pre-season workouts for soccer. The 6-9 puts a crimp in planning dinnertime.
So, my successes:
1) 6:20 AM right now and I have chicken baking. The 14YO may or may not eat it, but I can throw it in the freezer for lunches or quick dinner. I am cooking at odd times so we can grab and go.
2) I am trying to quit milk or cream in my coffee. I struggle with my weight and pre-diabetes. Every little calorie counts. I am striving for health. Now I need to make exercise a priority.
3) Getting my footing at the new job.
Linking up at Catholic Mom.