Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Small Success Thursday - Summer in Full swing


It is Thursday that time of the week when we pause to assess the little things we do that makes our lives go more smoothly.

Last weekend was a bit surreal, TheTeen left Friday for his trip to Sidney Australia while hubby was on a business trip to Switzerland. Felt weird to have each in different places on the planet. But Hubby made it home and TheTeen is sending texts, pictures and even a short, 2 minute Facetime session this week. His group played a concert in the Sidney Opera House yesterday. He used the word "Awesome"

Hubby and I are taking time to reconnect. I attended the funeral of my Sister-in-law's mother. It is nice seeing my nephews coming out of their shell and interacting. My Out-of-town brother came in and the entire family minus my youngest Son got together for a visit. A nice number of my Aunts, Uncles and cousins paid a visit tot he funeral home. I love my close extended family.

Enjoy the week ahead.
Linking up with Catholic Mom.

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

What an amazing opportunity for your son to play at the Opera House! That's the trip of a lifetime.
I am sorry for your loss and wish those chances to reconnect would come along at happier occasions.