Band Parents

Band Parents

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Somewhere around 2012 I expect to see then again

My snow boots that is. Living in SW Ohio, so years we get appreciable snow and some years we don't. Last week we received close to 1o inches (some packed down by rain) and my boys were out of school for 4 days.

But the upshot is that I don't buy them boots every single year. I wait until they seem necessary and we confirm that we don't have any old boots in the house that will do the trick. This year, the 9YO had outgrown the boots I got him last year. the 13yo was still squeezing into the one I got him. But a couple of poss ago i mentioned getting new show for the 9 yo. Now they are getting very close to the size of my feet. So, of course when it was time for the boys to go shovel the driveway. the 9YO complains about his lack of boots. So I told him to put on the 13yo boots and the 13 Yo to put on mine. Fortunately mine are a nice gender-neutral navy blue. Maybe the toes are a bit pointed, but it does not bother him. I thin he are a little big. They are a ladies 11 and his shoes are a men's 8. But I figure that between he two of hem they will be able to wear my boots for the next three years if not more.

Actually, I think I will try to get myself a pair of men's boots. My cute LL bean boots are just not quite wide enough to accommodate my lovely ankle brace. Time to look for winter clearance sales.

Also, they are predicting another storm Monday night.

No comments: