Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Small Successes Link up - Nov 21, 2013

My poor, neglected blog. It has been awhile. But as my kids grow older, they are a bit more particular about what Mom shares. But today I want to participate in the Small Successes at Catholic Mom

1. Monday when the 14 YO failed once again to bring the trash can and the recycle bin up from the curb when he came home, he knew. He heard me pull into the garage and he flew out the door to get them. I just quietly made meatloaf for dinner (It's not his favorite and I postponed our trip to the music store for a Bass Guitar. All done very quietly and without lecture. (I usually rant or lecture - or both).

2. Silently agreed to Hubby's plan to finish cleaning up the tarps and equipment form painting the dining room on Friday - rather than last night or tonight and found another project to complete, even though I am tired of the crammed furniture in the living room.

3. I am doing well at improving my health by sticking to the eating plan recommended by my doctor, my blood sugar testing is showing the results as is the scale. It was really hard with lots of candy and donuts sitting around at the office.


3 comments:

Sherry said...

I know how hard managing blood sugar can be. Especially with snacks seeming almost to leap out of cabinets when you're hungry --at least that's how it seemed to me on the occasions when I've had gestational diabetes. Hang in there. You're doing great work and it will bear good fruit.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could learn not to lecture! Sigh! GOOD FOR YOU!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

WTG on the "no lecture" thing! That takes serious restraint!