Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, April 09, 2015

Small Success Thursday - Spring Break edition

My first post with the pretty new logo.

I am on a spring break trip with 25 High school students. We have 17 band members, four Color Guard, one student form the guitar class and three chorus students. We are in Chicago. I am enjoying it. I am weirdly energized by the city. We are on our third day of boarding a bus at 9 Am in getting to our hotel around 10:30 PM. I guess my first success is that I said "yes" to assisting with this trip.

Secondly, I have submitted my resignation at my 6 week old contract job and will be taking a different one. The work on the first is not my favorite and the second one pays better and involves planning and executing.

I am keeping up with the Novena of Divine Mercy thanks to Pray More Novenas. Maybe because I feel this week I have the time to pray the entire Chaplet of Divine Mercy. I will be doing today's on the bus this morning.

Linking up with Catholic Mom.

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

WTG on the new job! Hope it's a better fit for your skills and interests.

I have never visited Chicago, but it's a city I'd love to see. (My daughter recently mentioned wanting to take a Ferris Bueller's Day Off tour of the city. I'd just settle for the "Twist and Shout" parade portion.)

Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job!
And have fun with the band. lol

Have a blessed weekend.
Em