Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Small Success Thursday - I've got quilts


Hello everyone,
It's Thursday, when followers of Catholicmom.com take a few minute to reflect on the little things we accomplished over the last week.

On Tuesday we laid my cousin to rest. She had been fighting a rare condition where her digestive system just stopped working. After almost a year on the transplant list organs became available. The surgery went well, she was conscious, harassing her Dad and then all of a sudden things were not good. Before she signed papers stating she would never drink alcohol again, she invited friends and family to party with her at a local bar. She was 36. I had made a quilt to send up to her when she got her transplant. It never made it to her, but I understand my Aunt and Uncle are treasuring it. They had is displayed at the funeral home. At the funeral Mass, almost of her cousins and their families participated in the Offertory. There could have been almost 20 more who were unable to attend. All but 2 of her 27 cousins from our side of the family attending her viewing. Three came in from out of town, Such a wonderful tribute to a person who loved her family. She will be missed.She was a big comic book fan. Thus the quilt I made.
Speaking of quilts, I finished one for my 18 mo old Grandson who decided he preferred the twin bed in his room to the toddler bed. I finished it last night and am looking forward to giving it to him. It is 2-sided, Little boy and big boy.



I hope my third success is getting this post into the linkup with CatholicMom

No comments: