Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, December 06, 2007

St. Nicholas Feast Day - Dec 6th

So did you set out your stocking or shoe? We did. We use stockings.

My parents both grew up putting their shoes out the night of Dec 5th for St. Nick to leave candy, fruit and nuts for them. As I was growing up, a small toy or a comic book or a magazine woudl appear. My Children have discovered Videos and DVD's in their stockings along with candy.

Here at work, I brought in a shoe box and put Oranges, Candy canes, Hershey's kisses and a bowl of walnuts out for my co-workers. I did have one lady already get the Shoe box reference. Afterall, one of the Legacies of St, Nicholas is sharing little treat with others.

For more infomration about St. Nicholas, check out the St. Nicholas Center.

No comments: