Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Small Success Thursday - 2 Month reprieve

Happy Thursday everyone,

I am counting my blessings today. Yesterday afternoon I got a message from my co-worker asking if I wanted to work until the end of January. One of the other guys is taking a long vacation, so I will be helping out. I have these potential opportunities pop up and then they all evaporated one by one. So I have been praying for a resolution for to my job situation that would be the best for my family. So here it is. This will give me an income over the holidays and into the beginning of the year when (hopefully) new projects will be launched and budgets allocated. I don't have to cancel Christmas.

Also no my doing, but feeling like a victory, my son is finished with formal Physical therapy. In spite of having decent health insurance, we had a hefty co-pay for each PT session. And he went twice a week, requiring Hubby or I to take off from work. This is one of the reasons I have not been able to squirrel away as much money as I wanted.

What really strikes me is how relatively calm I have been. When news came of another possibly opportunity fading away, I was able to acknowlege my disappointment and feel a moment of panic before deciding that God has my back and I need to move forward, still looking a job boards, putting in more applications but trusting that God would make something happen.

I prefer to be able to start my prayers with "Thank you for the wonderful blessings you give me."

Linking up with Catholic Mom.


1 comment:

Allison Gingras said...

Something I think I like most about blog reading.. finding that others think like you, are in similiar situations but then being REALLY inspired by how they face those circumstances!! Glad I saw you link up on Catholicmom.com !