Band Parents

Band Parents

Friday, December 08, 2006

Attending Church today

So today is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception ,a Catholic Holy day of Obligation. So I fulfilled my obligation by attending a Mass on the main College Campus.

I enjoy attending such a service because to attend one of these is a conscious act. It is not "Let's go to Sunday Mass because that's what we do on Sundays". While that's not bad, Holy Day Masses seem to me to have more energy. I feel like those who make the effort really want to be there.

It made my heart soar to celebrate a simple Mass with about 40-45 people. I esitmate 2/3 of them were students. I was surprised to observe that there were more young men than young women .

I offered a silent intention that these young people continue their Faith journey and make good parents or maybe even one or more of these young men will decided to enter the Priesthood. May these youg people help steer the Catholic Church away fromt he danger zones that are always lurking so close.

No comments: