Band Parents

Band Parents

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot Chocolate. But Maybe I need to try Egg Nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Wrap, with special paper that is not in the general collection
3. Colored lights or white? I prefer colored, Hubby likes white. The tree we got last year has white lights. We’ll put colored on the live tree in the basement
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Sometimes
5. When do you decorate for Christmas? I tend to do it close to the Feast of St. Nicholas since we need the stocking up for him to fill the night of the 5th. Hubby put up the tree last weekend.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish, excluding dessert? Ham, but Hubby is not a big fan. Mom used to make Au Gratin potatoes for Chirstmas dinner
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Going to the annual Christmas party of a club my Grandfather belonged to.
8. When and how, did you learn the truth about Santa? Not really sure… Grandpa and several UNcles have been Santa Clause Helpers...
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We celebrated Christmas with Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and cousins on my Dad’s side on Christmas eve, so there were plenty of presents. Now we get together with my family in the same fashion. We go to Mass, have a big dinner and open presents.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Last year we got a smaller tree for the living room. I edited to ornaments so that we have the White house ornaments, 10-20 glass ornaments, some other special ornaments and photo ornaments. I did one of each boy every year. Last night I sat next to it looking at a picture of the 11 yo in a “Baby’s First Christmas” ornament with of a picture of him from last year. We put a live tree in the basement family room. It gets homemade ornaments on it.
11. Snow. Love it or hate it? I love in Ohio – I like it
12. Can you ice skate? Yes -
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really. I remember a handmade Raggedy Ann Doll when I was a teen. I remember an Andy Gibb album as an Exchange form my cousin.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Enjoying the season: the music, the lights, the decorations. Getting together with Friends and family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Fudge
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My Mom’s family getting together Christmas night for a party. Santa pays us a visit on his way back to the North Pole. There are 70 of us in 4 generations.
17. What tops your tree? An Angel I made out of Mom’s wedding dress that I also wore. _ Actually the pieces left over after I made a Baptismal gown.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Both
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, Carol of the Bells, Mary Did You Know…
20. Candy canes. Yuck or yum? Yum.

No comments: