Band Parents

Band Parents

Friday, February 09, 2007

Slow cooker dinner disaster...



So I have the gadget pcitured here. It plugs right into the oputlet and you plus your crockpot into the bottom. You press the Cook time button to set it for 4 or 6 hours at high or 8 or 10 hours at low. After the cooking time, it reduces the power so that the food is kept warm. Since I am out of the house for close to 12 horus a day, this works well.

Except when you forget to turn the knob on the crockpot from off to high.

I came home to raw chicken breast in my crockpot. I threw them away and opened a can of spaghetti sauce and boiled a pot of noodles. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I hate when I forget things like that, how discouraging!! Thank goodness for the good old pasta & sauce standby dinner! We've had that more than once! :-)