So i wrote a post last week for SST but did not realize we were on a hiatus. So you can read it here if you'd like.
But the last few weeks have been jam-packed, most planned, but an unplanned event with far-reaching repercussions.
- With the rest of everything, Hubby has had to take out of town trips at least 3 of the last 4 weeks. One was to India the same week 3 planes went down needlessly.
- My 14 YO spent all of July training with the high school soccer team. The first day of tryouts he hurt his knee, tearing his ACL. That resulted in surgery 2 days ago. So now he is in an immobilizing brace and on crutches and he took up residence on the recliner in the family room. Pleas offer up prayers that his Freshman orientation today and tomorrow are not too taxing for him.
- My 19 YO son got Married last Sunday (Civil ceremony, getting it recognized by the Church is a task on the "someday" list - Baby steps). There was everything that went along with it, including the 7 month old Grandson spending 3 days and nights at our house.
- My parents have been staying with us since July 31. Their help has been invaluable. They were the primary caretakers for the baby and they have helped greatly withe the 14YO. I gritted my teeth the 3 days that the 14YO as away at band camp and Hubby was out of town and I was all my Mom had to worry about. LOL!
- Oh yes, an I worked a full time job. As a contractor I don't; have paid vacation, I took off a total of 8 hours this week.
So we have one more wedding event Saturday. We are throwing a reception for extended family members. I have a close family (3 generations of cousins) that we were not able to invite to the wedding. Then next Week the 14 yo starts back to school.
and my 19 YO is signed up for College English. He will have a class at the same time as his wife, so she can make sure he gets to class. The she will have a class afterwards and told the 19 YO he will be doing his homework then. We will have the baby at least one of those 2 nights a week.
Linking up with Catholic Mom