Band Parents

Band Parents

Friday, October 31, 2014

Small Success Thursday - A day late


I let my stress get the better of me over the weekend and had a meltdown over a frustrating but ultimately trivial issue. Sigh, that embarrasses me. But I also realized I was also experiencing a low blood sugar event at the same time. I need to watch that.
  • I made it to the gym on Monday. But that is because I know I am going to be putting in a few hours of work over the weekend. As a contractor I am "limited" to 40 hours a week. Unfortunately I have not made it back. 
  • Had lunch with the account manager of my current contract. She is looking for opportunities for me if my current one ends at the end of November. After talking, she is also going to pitch me as a flexible resource who can work fewer than 40 hours a week or scale up to 40 when the work is there. I like that. My budget depends on 60% or my current take home pay, so we can cut back a bit without much pain and that would take a weight off of my shoulder. So I am saying some prayers. 
  • Made my husband a from scratch birthday cake for his birthday on Wednesday.  
Linking up with Catholic Mom

No comments: