Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Small success Thursday - post vacation edition

Hello everyone,
Had a lovely 3 day stay in the Bahamas. Had some flight challenges and we arrived home just before 2 AM so I am feeling a vacation hangover. I need to be working today and tomorrow as they are my last days on this contract. I got a message yesterday from my current consulting/contracting agency that there is an opportunity for 5-months with a company I worked with before. The work is my technical than I really like to do but the pay rate is 83% of what I am currently at. 83% pay is better than 0% pay and they said it would be temporary until something else came along more in my skill set. But I have checked in with another recruiter who seems to be no longer at that company. I have left messages with the people her phone and email are forwarded to.

We have almost 2 weeks of laundry piled up. Our new washer is scheduled to be delivered this afternoon. It is lovely to have to buy a new washing machine when the second income is in question.

So for my successes:

  • hubby and I actually took time for a vacation. Something we both desperately needed.  We went with another couple. Hubby has dealt with him in business matters and his wife and I got along very well. Hubby becomes a lump when it is just he and I.
  • My Daughter in law, who took on the task for driving the 15 year-old everywhere said she knows why I cannot wait until he gets his license. She also said he was a great help and on his very best behavior. 
  • I am working my job contacts, trying really hard not to panic.Financially, we will survive. All hope is not lost and if I do not have work for a week or so, I have plenty of projects to work on around the house.   
Linking up with Catholic Mom

2 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That's so great that you and your husband had the chance to enjoy a vacation together! Especially at a stressful time, this can be a real lifesaver.

Carolyn Astfalk said...

A vacation with your husband? We did that once, on our honeymoon. Well, maybe a few times after, but we've had one night alone in the last 12 years, so, wow, that sounds wonderful! Good for you!