Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, September 03, 2015

Small Success Thursday - Labor day Weekend


Hello Folks,

It is that time of the week to chronicle the little thing we accomplish each week as Spouses, parents, homekeepers, etc. Those things that tend to get overlooked.

So mine start with writing this post. I love this meme, but Thursday's are hard as I go to work in the office and time and firewall prevent me from easily adding this to the Link-up. But I will do it on my phone.

I did more work on a quilt as a wedding gift. I am usually beat in the evenings, but I got myself out of my chair and spent about an hours cutting fabric. I need to finish it up this month.

Finally, all the things I am doing for my kids with a mostly positive attitude. Lending the oldest my car until he gets his bent tire rim fixed, taking my second son to school and picking him up on my "Lunch hour" at a time convenient for him. Taking my son to auditions for a "Youth Winds Ensemble" at the local University - He was selected Yea! (more fees), the road trip this weekend to the city where son's competition Marching core is in their final contest. IF they do not make finals, we will being him home in time to play with the High school band at a football game Sunday afternoon.

Linking up with Catholic Mom.


2 comments:

Jackie said...

Congratulations to your son!!! Hope you get your quilt finished.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Congrats to your honor band member. That's something I always wished I had the chance to do. Will you show us a photo of the quilt when it's done? I'm sure the recipients will be thrilled with the gift of a handmade quilt!