Band Parents

Band Parents

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

And now for my introduction. My Name is Maggie, I am a wife, Mom to 2 lovely boys and I work outside the home with the Email systems for a University. We live in SW Ohio.

My boys are 11 and 6. We send them to a Catholic school as hubby and I both grew up going to mostly Catholic schools. B is the 11 year old. He was diagnosed with ADHD at the tender age of three. He is currently on medication. I hope someday he has developed enough coping strategies to stop taking medication. A is the 6 year old. He’s very energetic, but he does not have any of the focus an impulsivity issues his brother has. The boys, while they love each other and look out for each other, love to bicker and push each other’s buttons. This drives me bananas. I am unable to shut it out when I am driving.

S is my husband. We will celebrate our 14th anniversary at the end of the year. He recently completed his bachelor’s degree in Engineering.

I changed jobs about a month ago and I am driving 3 times as far and using 3 times the gas as I did before. We are researching the possibility of moving a bit closer to my workplace. We are less than 10 minutes from where S works. It would entail having the kids change schools. We have looked at the possibilities. The Catholic HS is our target area just built an brand new facility. It is georgous. The Grade school moved into the HS site. Weekend after next the HS is having their annual festival. We plan to attend and get a "feel" of the people who support the HS. My Mom has already said she was never found of that area. It was a lot of farmland, between 2 mid-sized cities. I guess a good descriptive word would be "unsophisticated". And this is a concern because my Mom believes it is a parent's job to give their children the best education you can. I agree with that, so that's why I have done so much research on the HS. I have asked everyone I know if they know anything about it. I have an Uncle who is a teacher, I have asked the coach of the wrestling team at one of the local Catholic HS and people who live in the area. I have not heard anything negative so far. -It's not like this is that far away. There are 3 Catholic schools in the city where we live. The city where I work has about 10. This school is the one between the cities.

So that's what's been on my mind lately.

1 comment:

Katherine@Raising Five said...

It's so nice to meet you! I'm new to blogging too, but everyone that gathers around Shannon's on Wednesdays has been so inviting. Glad you're joining us. I know you have a lot of life experiences to share.