Band Parents

Band Parents

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Commute and my boys

So I drive 50 miles one-way to work. See this post and this post for reasons.

But now that my boys are out of school, I am taking the 7yo to Daycamp at a YMCA about half way for me. Yesterdy morning we are about 25 minutes into the drive and he asks "When are we going to get there? I am tired of riding." I guess he thinks if he's going to be int eh car for more that 20 minutes he'd better be going someplace exciting, like Grandma and grandpa's (That's about a 9 Hour drive) or to Chicago to see the other Grandpa (5 hours) or even to Uncle Bill's (about 50 miles). I just can't belive him. But he's also the boy who walks into the kitchen where there are 2 analog clocks and three digital and demand to know what time it is.

My 12 YO is riding all the way with me. He is attending Baseball camp in the morning and hanging out in my office in the evening. Last night on the way home, he observed: " Only 4 more days of this"

Me: "Of what, hanging out in my office?"
12YO: "No, riding in the car this long."

Sigh. I could at least hope for some empathy or appreciation of what I have been going through for the past year.

No comments: