Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Slow Cooker Thursday



It's been awhile since I have participated in Sandra's slow Cooking Thursday Meme. I made this one yesterday. Hubby liked it a lot, but it was a bit spicy. I did not have a can of tomatoes and chili's, so I chooped up a tbsp of pickled Jalopenos. I am having it for my lunch today. It is another delightful Taste of Home recipe.


Cabbage Patch Stew

INGREDIENTS
1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 celery ribs, chopped
11 cups coarsely chopped cabbage (about 2 pounds)
2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/2 cup ketchup
1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional

DIRECTIONS
In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and celery over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the cabbage, stewed tomatoes, beans, diced tomatoes, ketchup, chili powder, oregano, pepper and salt. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until cabbage is tender. Serve with cheese and sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.

4 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

I love cabbage!
Thanks for the recipe.

Linda

Annie said...

Such a cute name. It sounds like it would be good too.

Annie
My Life as Annie!

Unknown said...

'Taste of Home' does offer many appetizing recipes.

Sandra said...

I LOVE Taste of Home, this sounds delicious and spicy, we love spicy food here, can't wait to try it :)

I missed seeing you on the Slow Cooking Thursdays, glad you're back :)

Sandra