Band Parents

Band Parents

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Help - The sweets are calling my name

So in honor of great report cards from both the boys, I stopped on the way home from work Friday and picked up a bakery cake. A typical 8 inch round. Delicious! Yesterday I took the boys and their report cards to Krispy Kreme and we brought home a dozen free donuts. We also stopped by Cheryl's cookies and each boy got a mess of cookies (1 for each A, limit of 6). I can ignore the cookies - they are wrapped in cellophane and they belong to the boys. The Donuts are quiet too. They have not tempted me. But oh that cake. Yummy, yummy cake! With a great tasting frosting. And let me tell you, I am a person who believes that the purpose of cake is to hold the frosting. That combination of fat and sweetness coating my tongue...

But my innards seem to be rebelling. It has to do with the medication I am taking to bring down my insulin. Yes, Sugar should be limited. And I usually do. But it is so good. But I am being motivated by the night tiimegas pains to quit. If someone else does not eat the last peice by tonight. I am throwing it away. - After I take a swipe of the icing and lick it off my finger, I'm sure.

No comments: