Band Parents

Band Parents

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Works for me Wednesday



Here's a repost of my third WFMW:

Mocha Morning smoothy

A couple of months ago (May 2006)I started a new job. I am now commuting 50 miles one way. I go in early to beat the traffice. I am also a "gotta have breakfast" person. I also do better with a good dose of protein. So I created this coffee smoothy. I refridgerate leftover coffee. Or I make coffee expressly to refridgerate. After packing lunches in the morning, I get out my handy Oster Blend and Go cup, pour in about a cup of coffee, a splash of milk and a scoop of chocolate flavored protein powder, 4-6 ice cubes and blend. I put the cap that came with my cup (at WalMart), stick in the straw and run out the door. Once I get to work I add a granola bar and an orange to round out my breakfast.

Come Fall I'll have to figure out something warm. I can't see protein powder in hot coffee, but who knows. My Cold Mocha smoothies for breakfast, It works for me.

Note: I have not found a warm substitute. The protein powder tastes foul when warm. I also developed a shortcut for an "on the rocks" version instead of frozen. I use a Tupperware shaker, add the coffee, milk, protein powder and shake. I then pop the top on the shaker, Add a handful of icecubes and go.

For more contributions to the Eating Well edition of WFWM, visit Shannon.

No comments: