Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Worry

I feel like Aunt Murry's blog title "All I want is a good night's sleep."

I had hoped that a new year would bring a bit of slowing down into my life. Nope, Not yet. I had hoped to spend the long New Year's weekend being a blob on the couch with the remote in my hand. Nope. I was glued to my Blackberry. My coworkers and I were watching a vendor migrate 5000 email accounts. Mr Murphy was there to insure that his law was in full effect.

We got the accounts moved, and the old system is behaving better. We are going to have another 5000 moved this weekend.

It looks as if there is a good chance one of my 2 techs will leave us for a bigger paycheck. I can't blame him. He has 2 kids under 3 and his wife is committed to staying home with them while they are young. He needs more money. He's good enough to deserve a bigger paycheck. I am unable to get him an increase. My remaining tech is already grumpy that we replaced our third tech was replaced by someone with Help Desk experience that we need to grow into a full-fledged tech. I have to admit I am worried about how we can handle the load.

Since I have been so busy, have I been neglecting my family? I did not do well planning meals this week. And Hubby and the boys could be leaving the house about the same time I get home. (There is this freshman wrestling meet...)

Sigh.

No comments: