Band Parents

Band Parents

Monday, July 31, 2006

What Makes a Church a Church

About a month ago, Everyday Mommy wrote a post asking about what a Church should be. I was reminded of this yesterday when our Pastor, Fr. Jerry talked about a seminar he went to and he came home with a list of three items that makes a Church a Church. Now, while he was focused on a Catholic Church, I think it applies to all Christian denomination.

  1. A Church should teach and Proclaim the Word of God.
  2. A Church should celebrate Sacraments such as Baptisms, Communion, Marriage and Funerals
  3. A Church should be involved in works of Charity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just published a new web log and I wish you would allow me to copy some of your writings, similar to this one, giving you the full credit with the necessary links attached.
Better off I wish you would alert me of some posts that you would feel are important and wish to broadcast. Sincerely dominic@bycatholics.org