Hey everyone, My submission for this week has to do with meal planning. I work outsdie my home and still put a home-cooked meal on the table most nights. I like to cook, but mealplanning can be difficuly. My Mom just commented last night that she getsso worked up about meal planning sometimes that she gets all out of sorts. So to save my sanity, I plan my entrees by day:
- Monday = Ground beef night - this is meatloaf, salisbury steak, sloppy joes, tacos..
- Tuesday = Chicken - Sauted chicken breasts, chicken pot pit, etc
- Wednesday = Pasta - spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, stuffed shells
- Thursday = Red meat night - pork chops, Kielbasa, steak, London Broil
- Friday = Meatless or homemade pizza
Now these are not hard and fast rules. What they mainly do is provide some sort of structure that my ADHD brain can then organize around. I know every Sunday night I need to pull Ground beef out of the freezer. I can decide what to do with it when I get home. Or I did. If you have been following me, about 2 months ago I started a new job where I have a 1 hour commute. Today I start carpooling. However, It means I need to work an 8-5 schedule. I had been working 7-4 so I had time to make a 30 minute meal. Now either I make something up ahead of time that Hubby and/or the 11 YO can warm up or I rely on said family memebers to make it themselves. But anyways, Meal planning by matching an type of entree per day - Works for me!