Band Parents

Band Parents

Monday, November 13, 2006

The Great Bed switch

Over the weekend we had the boys trade beds. The 11 Yo had a double in his room and this double bed served as our guest bed. We host my parents every other time my parents come to town (the alternate visits thaey stay at my brother's) and on occasion my Father in law. The 7 YO had a twin with a trundle.

The 11 YO is organizationally and neatness challenged. His room has been rated as disaster area eligible by 3 out of 4 Governors. Some of that standard advice for such situation is to close the door. Well, when the propspect of company looms, Mom and/or Dad have to go in with a trash bag and make it presentable. We try to threaten him with that, but he always allows it to happen. So my new standard will be to do a food check and let him live in his pig stye as he likes. Another advantage of having the trundle in his room is that he cannot shove stuff under his bed. So let's see how this works.

No comments: