Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Recipe - Drop Sugar cookies

Edited to add: I see Danielle is having an Advent Baking Carnival, I submitted this recipe. I freeze the backed cookies all the time. Mostly because it uses Buttermilk and I get a whole quart of it and I can make 4 double batches. And who knows when I will find the time to bake.


Since all I want to post are ramblings about how my foot hurts and I'm going to New Orleans in 10 days and how grumpy Hubby has been and...

Here's the buttermilk sugar cookie recipe from my Great Grandmother:

1/2 c Butter
1 Cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c buttermilk
2 cups flour

So cream the butter and sugar. add in the vanilla, eggs and soda.

Alternate the buttermilk and flour.
Drop by teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

No comments: