Band Parents

Band Parents

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Whoops!

Dad came home early than expected Friday afternoon. The 11 YO was doing some questionable web surfing. Ms. Home-computer-adminstrator did not get details, but we ponied up our $49.95 for Safe Eyes to block certain sites. I chose Safe Eyes as it was one of the top 3 rated but it can be installed on up to three machines. We have 2 plus Dad's laptop. It also gives me the ability to set hours that the kids can be on the net. Right now I have them blocked out from 9 PM until 5 AM. I thought about blocking out 3:45 - 5:00 but he does use the 'net for homework. So maybe now we have a clue as to why he has not been completing his homework before we get home.

I did have another package installed on the basement machine at one time, but I reloaded that machine last year and did not reload the protection software.

Now I need to figure out why my older machine won't connect to the internet at all. Sigh, I may be the supervisor at work, but at home I am still the network expert.

No comments: