Band Parents

Band Parents

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Patch (Daytrana) Update

I got an email from a reader How is the patch working? We are having an awful time getting it to separate from the backing. I'm at the point where I'm going to give up! Amy

Oh, Those things are sticky. Hubby usually applies the patch. Because I am usually on my way to work. But the time I do put it on, I pull on the corner of the backing that is in the middle of the patch. Actually, I get both sides started, pulling form the center. I slap the center ont he skin and then proceed to pull each side of the backing off.

We are very happy with the effects. It is easy to remember and it works very well with my son. The doctor gave us a 3 month prescription to send to the mail order prescription company.

Good Luck Amy. For us the convenience is well worth any struggle to apply the patch.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh girl. You are too kind. I actually talked with Shire the other day and I think I've got a bad batch. No matter what I do I can't get the thing to completely peel off right. It looks like a Rice Krispy treat when you pull it apart. All stringy. Some times it's better than others but I have yet to make a complete transfer.
So Shire is sending me a trial card which is great but I need to "convince" my MD and than pharmacy that our patches are not working and that I have not chewed them all in the past week! :)
Thanks so much!

Amy said...

Hey girl! I found that humidity is the source of our problem! We have now zip locked them with two of the silica things and it's getting better! How about you?