Band Parents

Band Parents

Thursday, November 02, 2006

He is an Alter Boy

So the 11 YO was a server at the All School All Saits Day Mass. His class was in charge of the Mass. Or at least the parts that the lay people take. He volunteered to be a server. I have to admit the I forgot to watch him. But that is a good thig. He was in the background doing his job. He did not do anything to attract attention to himself. Although, I was sitting in the Church when he passed me on the way to the working sacristy to don his robes. He was clanking. I confiscated a plastic container with Halloween candy (shaped like a coffin no less).

Actually it was the 7yo that really had me in a tail spin. He walked into Church wear shorts and a t-Shirt. I know when I dropped him off an hour before that he was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. He had to walk across the parking lot to get to Church. I know it was gym day and they want the first graders to come to school in gym clothing instead of uniforms. I did let him know that evening that I though it was inappropriate for him to take off his sweats at this time of the year.

I am so thankful my boss allowed me to come into work late so I could be there. I feel so lucky that have the flexibilty.

No comments: