Band Parents

Band Parents

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Dressing our kids

Jules over at Everyday Mommy has been talking about clothing for girls. She even has an on-line petition. I have often thought about how much easier it is to dress boys. Mine even wear Uniforms to school. We seem to have school uniforms, gym clothing and one or tow things appropriate for Church.

Of course there are quite a few T-shirts on the market that are of questionable taste. I've seen some and snickered at them. then I decided that they are not promoting attitudes I want my 6 and 11 YO boys to emulate. Besides, my kids play so many sports and we have commemorated fun visits with T-Shirts, we have no need to go to the local Target and purchase T-shirts. This summer it has been all I can do to get the 11 yo to wear taylored shorts instead of the gym shorts.

This weekend we went to Chicago to visit with Grandpa. The boys were mystified that we had them wear long pants (they both looked like theri legs were a mile long). We had to argue with the 11 YO to wear his jeans and not sweatpants. The 6 yo was upset because he had to wear pants that were a little big in the waist. He wanted to wear the pair that were a bit too short. Dad has issues with pants that are even close to being too short due to being teased about wearing "floods" when he went through a growth spurt as a child.

The 7 YO and I went shopping yeasterday and got him a new pair of jeans, a pair of school pants and a new pair of athletic shoes. Now the 11 YO needs new athletic shoes - so he claims.

No comments: