Band Parents

Band Parents

Monday, September 18, 2006

Quick Daytrana update

The manufacturer of the patch recommends that the patch be taken off after 9 hours. One of the reasons the doctor recommended it was so that we could get longer periods of time of effective medication. I think it loses effect with my son after about 10 hours.

We have not had any sleeping issues. As a matter of fact, he's been turning out his light earlier. I can't say for sure that he's falling asleep, but he's been able to settle down easier.

This weekend I gave him Concerta because we had 5 patches left and a doctor's appointment for Monday.

For my Daytrana, Medication patch for ADHD summary post, click here.

1 comment:

Amy said...

How is the patch working? We are having an awful time getting it to sepearate from the backing. I'm at the point where I'm going to give up! Amy