Band Parents

Band Parents

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Works for me Wednesday



My Baby boy is 7 years old today. I guess I am fortunate that I have always lived near extended family. As I child, I had big birthday parties, but all of the guests were Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Grandparents. (My mom is second of 11 kids). I never think of throwing a birthday party for my kid's friends. Tonight - because our weekends are booked, we have invited family over for cake and ice cream. I know Grammy will be there. I know A's Godmother Julie and her kids will be there. I have not heard form his Godfather's family. If she's not workiing, Aunt L will be there. Uncle B has to work and cousin D has soccer practice so R's family will not make it.

He went easy on me this year for his cake. (I decorate their cakes). Last year it was this elaborate Cheeseburger-looking cake with 7 layers. He wanted a Star shaped, Marble cake, please, with Chocolate icing and sprinkles.

Simple Birthday parties work for me.

Check out Shannon's site for more great ideas

3 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Happy birthday to your son! The cake sounds delicious!

Lady Why said...

With five children and a lot of extended family around, we rarely have birthday parties with anyone other than family. We have cake and ice cream, the other children in the family decorate with 'Happy Birthday' signs and a 'Birthday Girl/Boy' hat that we keep from year to year. The children love it and it is very inexpensive!

Ms. Kathleen said...

One year my daughter had an old fashioned tea party for her birthday (we had punch instead of tea). It was very cute and didn't cost much at all.