Band Parents

Band Parents

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Homework blues

With having sons who are active in sports and other extra curricular activities, they need to learn to complete their homework in what time slots they have available. I think the First Grader has figured that out already. He gets a few papers every Monday to complete by Friday. This week they were done by the time he came home from after school care. The 6th grader, on the other hand, seems to hit his stride homework-wise, after dinner. I finally decided that that is Ok on nights he does not have activities. I did tell him I want him to be done by 8:30. Tonight he had soccer practice from 5-6. I’m sure he will not start anything until after dinner.

 

I was telling this to my Mom and she said it was always hard for her to come home and get started on her homework right away. Huh? I seem to remember this being the woman who insisted we do our homework after school and a short break. Must have been more me trying to get it done and out of the way.

 

No comments: